Everything went well with our trip to St Lucys. Well, almost everything. Our taxi car driver got lost and we were 20 minutes later. The orphanage is in a neighborhood with narrow-winding alleys as streets. At one point, he thought we were at St Lucys and wanted us to get out and I refused because I didn't recognize the entrance. (I had seen pictures on Sarah's blog) We gave them Zoe's outfit and they dressed her and brought her in. At first, she didn't want to come to me and when she was placed in my arms she cried just a little bit. It didn't take to long for her to warm up to us. St Lucy's staff is so wonderful!!! They sat down with us and answered questions about her. They announced to us that we would be meeting her birth mom in 30 minutes. I was so glad to hear that Zoe's birth mom wanted to come to meet us and see Zoe for the last time. It was a very special meeting between us. St Lucy staff took pictures of all of us during the meeting and added it to Zoe's picture CD. There are about 500 pictures of Zoe while at St Lucys. The CD showed how many times her birth mom came to visit her. I was very touched to see that the birth mom loves Zoe so much.
Zoe is such a sweetheart!!!! Sorry that I haven't updated sooner. It's been hard to get on the computer since we got her. She loves to cuddle and does not like to be placed in her crib. She prefers to sleep between us. The bonding has gone very well! She did very well at the AIT meeting today. The interview was a breeze. We got the IR-3 Visa, so she will be an American citizen once we land in LA!!! Yay!! Today, we went to the Chinese Handicraft Mart and purchased Zoe's future Gotcha Day gifts. She did very well shopping!! That's my girl!! Tomorrow, Michael will go get the Visa in the morning. I want to go see Taipei 101 and maybe a memorial. We have a late check out tomorrow because our flight leaves at 11:20PM. I hope the flight goes well. I'm a little nervous about that.
Here's some pictures from St Lucy's CD. We still don't have a camera cord, but I do plan to add more pictures once we get home.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
We have our Zoe!!!!!
Posted by Our Second Miracle at 3:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
okay, I am crying. Congradulations! I can see how you are gingerly introducing yourself to Zoe. Your husband looks so happy. Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful things!
Oh. . .this is so wonderful! I can't wait to see more of your photos. I'm so glad to hear everything is going well. I prayed for your family last night. I have been thinking about you and hoping that Zoe was adjusting well. And you're coming home on an IR-3 - woo-hoo! That's awesome...I hope we can do the same thing in a few weeks!
Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com
I'm so happy to see even this glimpse of the day and can't wait to see more! You have your baby girl now!!! You all look so happy, such a beautiful family--just need Tony in the pictures in a few days to make the family pictures complete! And I'm so glad things have been going so smoothly with the trip and with the bonding with Zoe, what a relief! The flight will go well, I would be nervous too, but have faith. HUGS!!
What a beautiful account of Zoe's Gotcha Day, Karen. What special memories this day will hold for you all. Enjoy this time and praying for safe travels home.
congrats! What an amazing Gotcha Day :) So glad everything is going well. Enjoy your beautiful girl. Praying for easy and safe travels.
What a wonderful day! I am so happy things are going well. The gotcha pictures are really great. It is so wonderful to see Zoe with you finally.
Oh yay!! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment