CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

We're in Taipei!

We made it!! We arrived late Sunday night. All 3 of our flights went really smooth. The last flight was long, but we were very pleased with China Airlines. Anyone traveling to LAX, there is a great resting lounge in the International Terminal. Go up a level from the airline check in. In the middle of the food court towards the back by the restrooms is ReLAX lounge. We paid $10 an hour for each person and it was well worth it. Part of the cost is use of their computers, free wi-fi Internet, nice seating and selection of drinks and snacks. Give yourself plenty of time to go through security and get to your gate.

We're staying at the Rido Hotel and have an awesome view of the city and the Daan Park. We watched the sunrise this morning. Michael and I woke up around 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. We could see a lot of people walking through the park. Can't believe we're here!! Tomorrow is the big day!! Zoe we're here baby and we will see you soon!

I have some pictures, but we forgot our camera cord. Hope to buy one today, so we can post pictures.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

You're there!! I am so happy for your family...enjoy sightseeing today and please pass along any travel advice!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Robin said...

You made it! Congratulations. So happy that your travel went smoothly. I got your comment about the camera cord. LOL. I hope you are able to get one tomorrow so we can see Zoe finally in your arms. It must be morning over there now. Good luck today! I will be sending you all well wishes:)

Sweet Jane's said...

Yeah!!! I am thrilled! We would all be devastated if there were no pictures. Honestly. Hope Tony is well. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!!

Staci said...

Soooo excited for you!! I can't believe you're in Taiwan! Feels surreal huh? We woke up at 3am our first night there too :) Can't wait to see you with Zoe! Good luck with everything.

Big hugs,
Staci

morgan_cardenas said...

I'm so happy to hear all has gone so smoothly so far!! I have been thinking about you and Michael all weekend and am so anxious for you for tomorrow! Enjoy today! And I hope you do get the chance to get a cord for the camera...It will be a long wait for pictures until next week if you don't LOL :) Sending lots of hugs from myself and all the boys!!

Sweet Jane's said...

Okay...it's 10pm in Taiwan on Tuesday night...I DIEING HERE!

Robin said...

So.....How's it going? Did you find a camera cord? If not I will be happy with a happy narrative of the day:) Waiting ever so patiently for Zoe news.....

morgan_cardenas said...

Can't wait to hear all about gotcha day!! I've been checking this site everytime I walk by the computer :)

Cindy said...

Hey there,

Hope things are going well with Zoe!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com